Thursday, September 18, 2008

Why are these 5 discoveries important?

I would like to take a short break from the regularly scheduled discussion to take a glance at the big picture.

Why are these 5 discoveries important? Because they are fundamental to the final point that I am attempting to make and the goal I will eventually reach in writing on this blog and on the companion website http://www.jacob2012.com/.

Please refer back to the first essay (www.jacob2012.com/essays/9yearold) and comments made in my introduction. I had a traumatic event when I was 9 years old when I was hit in the head. That night I thought very deeply about my own death as well as the death of my family, friends, and everything around me. Eventually I thought about the death of the Universe. I have now had over 40 years of continuous thinking about these subjects. I love to contemplate the meaning of Life and Death.

Additionally, I was in the Methodist Church by my mother and joined as a member in my early teens. Now, as an adult, I consider myself a Christian and try to live by the example of Jesus as described in His Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5, 6, & 7).

It is now time for me to share what I have learned and the perspective I have been blessed with in comprehending Life, Death, the Universe, and God. The 5 discoveries are fundamental to my discussion as well as my attempt to relay this information to you. I hope to show heuristically that God is an integral part of the Universe.

You have to realize that any discussion regarding infinity cannot be trivial, and God is an Infinite Being. It will take some time to encapsulate my entire lesson, so I hope you will all be patient with me as we continue to journey down a very exciting path!

No comments: