Thursday, September 11, 2008

Target Audience for Jacob2012

Since I am new to blogging, I did some background reading to help me understand the culture and requirements. Nonetheless, I’m sure I’ll screw up somewhere along the way. But then we learn so much more from our mistakes than our successes.

One of the main topics the books mentioned is to know your target audience. I’m writing about life, death, spirituality, and God – well, those are some pretty touchy subjects for some people. So I would have to say that my target is anyone and everyone with a mind open to new ideas and possibilities. I don’t mean to question anyone’s present religious or spiritual beliefs because such things are integral to everyone’s individual identity.

What I will humbly be addressing in my blog is a new interpretation of some very ancient subjects that mankind has thought about since the beginning. Mankind has learned a great deal in the last 120 years or so. Now, that’s an understatement! In reality, knowledge has exploded and information has grown exponentially in that time period. But regardless of how much we have learned, we still have so much farther to grow and develop both individually and as a species.

If your mind is not receptive to new ideas and interpretations, please do us both a favor and don’t read my blog. My ideas are just going to piss you off. As I said, I’m not here to try and convince anyone that their tightly held spiritual beliefs are, well, whatever.

I am here to offer a new interpretation appropriate for the new millennium for the 80% that are receptive to new ideas. You are my target audience, and I hope to be worthy of your time and attention.

“You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one.” – John Lennon. Count me as another. I hope you’ll enjoy the dialogue.

No comments: