Monday, October 20, 2008

You and the Universe are Energy

According to my last post, “We need a new paradigm that incorporates the new perspective provided by Einstein that the Universe has only 1 thing: energy.” You can read the entire essay at www.jacob2012.com/essays/einstein.

When I took high school physics in the early 1970s, we were taught that the Universe was made up of 2 things: matter and energy. Matter made up everything here on Earth and energy came from the Sun. But when we start to really understand what Einstein said, we realize that matter is another form of energy.

You may ask yourself “Why do I need to think of myself as an energy form? After all, I’m doing just fine as a person with a solid material body. What is this energy stuff going to do for me anyway? Why is this important for everyday life?”

Those are great questions. Believe it or not, those questions are what I think about. To them, I would add “What happens to you when you die?” and “What is the purpose of Life?”

I would like to say, with all due humility, that I believe I have been shown some answers. But the answers are not easy to explain. Language gets in the way. By this, I mean that we need to have a common frame of reference in our dialogue in order for knowledge transformation to take place.

My series of essays are laying the groundwork for what I am trying to say. It may take some time to properly lay all of the necessary and required background material. But then, Life, Death and Life After Death are some pretty deep subjects that are worthy of intelligent discourse. It is important to not rush and ensure that I am doing this right.

With all that being said, try thinking of yourself as an energy form. Watch the ebb and flow of your emotions – internal waves of energy – during the day as you go about daily routine. See others as energy forms. It will take time. With sufficient practice, you will start to change your perspective.

I hope this helps explain where I am going with the essays and associated blogs. This week, I will finalize the discussion of the 5 important discoveries with essays on Quantum Physics and the Aspect Experiment.

Stay tuned and enjoy the ride!

No comments: